Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lord Of The Ring : Sting & The Sword Of The Witchking


Okay, so this was an impulse buy.
I do feel a little guilty, 'cause seeing the intricate detail on these miniature, it makes me want to collect the whole set.
Now I have to figure out how to display them.


Sword Of The Witchking
This evil & ancient sword is wielded by the Witchking, leader pf the nine Ringwraiths, the indestructible shadow servants of Sauron.


Built by the armourers of the dark land of Mordor.

But this fine miniature replica was made by United Cutlery.


STING
Forged by the Elves, it was first given to Bilbo Baggins when he obtained the Ring. It is then passed to his cousin, Frodo Baggins which he then becames the Fellowship Of The Ring.
Engraved on the blade are runes in Elven that say "Maegnas aen estar nin dagnir in yngyl im" which translates to "Maegnas is my name, I am the spider's bane".

The blade glows blue when Orcs are close.
(No, this one doesn't really turn blue. Its Photoshop.)





These are the most expensive and most realistic letter opener that I've ever bought.
Sting is a 1/3 scale while Witchking's sword is 1/5.
And I love it.

2 comments:

  1. wow!!! superb sword.. do u hv that figure? nice pic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. I don't collect LOTR figures.
    Like 'em, but not interested.

    ReplyDelete